Introducing a Green Homes Tax CreditPublished on September 25, 2019
A new Conservative government will introduce a Green Homes Tax Credit a two-year program to encourage homeowners to renovate their homes in ways that lower their power bills and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Canadians will be eligible to receive a 20% refundable credit on their income tax for green improvements to their homes of over $1,000 and up to $20,000. This would allow Canadians to save up to $3,800 on their renovations each year.
Eligible renovations would include:
- Installation of high-quality insulation
- Investments in high-efficiency furnaces
- Replacement of doors and windows with more efficient models
- Upgrading of ventilation, heating and cooling systems
- Installation of solar panels
This measure is one of the 55 policies of our environmental plan, a realistic plan that balances Canada’s obligation to fight climate change with the core Conservative promise to put more money in Canadians’ pockets so they can get ahead. Find out more here.