Standing up for Rural CommunitiesPublished on September 07, 2019
A new Conservative government is committed to helping all Canadians get ahead.
That is why we will take the following measures to support rural communities:
- Ensure that all regions receive their fair share of infrastructure funding with a budget specifically for them;
- Appoint a Minister of Rural Affairs;
- Appoint a Quebec MP responsible for the Agency for the economic development of the regions of Quebec;
- Ensure that all Cabinet decisions have a rural perspective;
- Ensure that government programs consider the life conditions and unique experiences of Canadians in rural regions.
Trudeau’s Liberal government has neglected rural communities. With our plan, Conservatives will put them back at the center of our decision process.