More support for VeteransPublished on September 22, 2019
Canada’s Veterans are heroes. They dedicated their lives to protecting us. It's time for them to get ahead!
A Conservative government will:
- Enshrine, in legislation, a Military Covenant between the Government of Canada and all Canada’s Veterans. This will guarantee that every Veteran is treated with respect and is provided services in a timely manner.
- Clear the current backlog of Veterans’ benefit applications within 24 months.
- Create a reliable, dependable pension system that, unlike the Liberal status quo, is fair to Canada’s most disabled Veterans.
- Strengthen transition services to support discharged or retired Canadian Armed Forces members.
- Strike an independent inquiry to provide answers about Canadian Armed Forces members who were administered mefloquine.
- Provide more service dogs to Canadian Veterans in their communities.
- Put vital commemoration projects, like the National Memorial for Canada’s War in Afghanistan, back on track.